NOW HIRING: Custodial Trainer – Spokane, WA
Do you enjoy teaching or training and looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for motivating others and helping them succeed? If you thrive in a collaborative learning environment, and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, consider joining our team!
Argus Janitorial is looking for a top-notch, hard-working Custodial Trainer to grow with our business. We are looking for applicants with a background as a trainer or supervisor and with substantial custodial experience! This role is dynamic, and you will be offering hands-on, in-person training regarding custodial best practices regarding office cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, etc. You will work as a role model to our staff and lead by example in upholding Northwest Center’s core values Celebrating Progress, Unlocking Potential, and Valuing a Growth Mindset.
Northwest Center values training and support for our employees. Our Custodial Trainer will be put through the following ISSA training once hired: https://www.issa.com/events/virtual-train-the-trainer-2
Location: Spokane, WA
Wage: $17 - $20
Schedule: Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM (30 hours per week)
Applicants working 30 hours per week or more are considered full-time employees. Check out the benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Working closely with the leadership team to deliver practical and consistent training across the business with a strong emphasis on new hire training
- This role delivers face to face training on janitorial best practices and customer service in an open, friendly, and professional environment.
- Effectively leads the training courses and curriculum by maximizing participant engagement and learning, adjusting, or customizing training or coaching to all groups.
- Establish and document course content and materials before training
- Serve a diverse employee base and lead with diversity, equity, and inclusion at all times.
- Provides exemplary internal customer service through a strong commitment to excellence and professional conduct
- Staying current on all Janitorial industry best practices by developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of janitorial cleaning processes, chemicals, systems, products, and procedures
- Maintaining all record and files on offered training using the Paycom Learning Management System
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Maintaining current First Aid, CPR, and blood-borne pathogens training status
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- 2 years of Janitorial training or supervisory experience
- Ability to use and understand computer applications
- Experience with MS Office
- CPR and First Aid training required within first six months of employment and kept current
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal skills
- Empathy for and understanding of people of ALL abilities; demonstrated ability to work with persons from a variety of economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to effectively train and engage an audience
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong leadership skills with a bias towards positive motivation
- Committed to customer satisfaction; knowledge of Quality Management principles a plus
- Demonstrated ability to contain operational costs while meeting operational goals
- Temperament conducive to building and maintaining a highly effective team
- Occasionally lifting 20-25 pounds
- Frequently lifting 5-10 pounds
- Carrying or pushing/pulling is required
- Often engaging in stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and climbing (rarely)
- Standing an estimated 80% and sitting an estimated 20% of the time
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at email@example.com and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.