Manager, Reception Leadership & Hiring for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center Services is searching for a seasoned team leader with best in class project management skills and an eye for data metrics for our operation in South Lake Union.
In this role, you will work closely with all levels of management to ensure the efficiency of Northwest Center's operations on the Amazon campus, including but not limited to the reception and call center teams. You will assume responsibility for 3-4 supervisors and their direct reports, overseeing all hiring decisions, evaluations, and building needs, while providing world-class customer service to all visitors and employees. This individual will also work closely with Northwest Center's HR and recruiting teams on evaluating staffing needs, handling employee relation issues, and maintaining staff metrics.
SALARY: $65,000 yearly + EXCELLENT BENEFITS & Orca Card
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME – Monday through Friday**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE: INCLUDE A RESUME & COVER LETTER**
Candidates will be successful in this role with the following qualifications...
- Experience working as a Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Minimum 3+ years customer service/call center environment.
- Strong project management and/or excel and metric tracking experience.
- Commitment to Support Service and the Northwest Center mission.
- Flexibility in working at different locations between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm on weekdays, with additional hours as needed.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task and in a professional, busy and demanding corporate environment.
This is an extremely busy and demanding corporate environment where many different things may be going on all at one time. Time management and multi-tasking will be essential to this role.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function, as well as coordination and communication between Reception and Management.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Lead employees using performance management and development process to encourage employee contribution, goal setting, feedback, and performance development training.
- Work with the Training and Development Manger to identify additional training needed to staff and Team Leaders.
- Implement Amazon’s 14 Leadership Principles ideals into daily management.
- Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of building amenities, check-in process, security access levels, facility procedures, and organizational tools.
- Collaborate with Metrics and Analytics Manager on presentation and construction of Quarterly and Annual Business Review (QBR/ABR).
- Audit and approve payroll at the close of the pay period to ensure completed time cards and punches.
- Participation in facilitating weekly leadership meetings and agenda creation.
- Initiate informal weekly one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with Amazons outlined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Oversees any program related budgets as necessary, and reports financial tracking to leadership.
- Organizes ongoing employee engagement and development opportunities for NWC at Amazon team.
- Schedules and compiles agenda for monthly All Leadership and Reception Leadership meetings
- Maintains employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, holidays, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Acts as hiring manager for Northwest Center at Amazon corporate reception team.
Other role functions:
- Work with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Interact with all positions of NWC, from janitorial up to and including the CEO. Work closely with Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF)/Amazon, all property management companies and the multitude of vendors throughout campus.
- Own escalations and collaborations with GREF.
- Back-up leadership team in providing professional assistance to Amazon employees as needed.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.