Now hiring a Shipping Assistant for our growing team!
We are LithtexNW, a world-class commercial printing operation and part of Northwest Center, a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for people with disabilities and advancing equal opportunities in education and employment. If you want to join a wonderful team and an organization working to create a more inclusive community and world, this could be the job for you.
Our team is seeking a candidate for a Shipping Assistant to join our production team. We are considering candidates who are interested in full-time hours.
This role will help receive and unload/organize products and support the staging, packaging, and shipping of customer orders. You will help keep a record of the goods that have been shipped and received and will work with multiple departments on a variety of customer projects. You will drive automatic transmission company vehicles to destinations around Whatcom, Skagit, and King counties daily to help deliver orders. A specialty license is not required for this role. We are an enthusiastic and compassionate team proud to provide incredible customer service while supporting a wonderful mission.
Join our team and apply today!
Location: Bellingham (Kentucky St.)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7 am to 2:30 pm, depending on workload; overtime hours available
Starting Wage: $15.74 per hour; Full Wage Range: $15.74-$18.50 per hour
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Basic computing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, manufacturing environment
- Experience in delivery driving or driving large vehicles (NO CDL) preferred
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Interpersonal skills; work effectively with others
- Attention to detail; high level of quality control/accuracy
- Able to multitask if necessary
- Remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures
- Able to complete assigned tasks and quality requirements in the allotted time frame
- Ability to pass a background and motor vehicle report
- Ability to pass a drug screening, including marijuana
- Experience using a forklift preferred
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Paid Time Off at 3.08 hours accrued per 80 hours worked
- 7 Paid Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday; 2 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Opportunity for career development with our NWC Mentorship Match program
- Opportunity to become a mentor or mentee through NWC's Mentorship Match program
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25/month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50/month
Check out the complete list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.