Embedded Retention Specialist
Northwest Center is adding an Embedded Retention Specialist to our team!
In this role you will be a part of the delivery of inclusive solutions to help embed disability hiring into businesses across our clients’ organizations. You will be responsible for providing vocational support for people with disabilities through job coaching and ongoing skills development and assume the responsibility for developing and implementing appropriate personal services plans.
You should be comfortable working in multiple warehouse environments with varying temperatures. Many buildings have dock doors that open throughout shifts, this can cause the temperature to be high during the summer or cold during the winter depending on the location.
Wage: $14.50 + per hour DOE plus Excellent Benefits & Work/Life Balance
Where: Spokane, WA (traveling throughout the area)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 3:30pm (must have some flexibility to work hours outside of regular shift times)
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities is preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, advanced knowledge preferred
- Valid WA State Driver’s license and car insurance
- Acceptable 5 year driving record
- Own vehicle for transportation
The Role (but not limited to):
- Providing exemplary customer service to all parties: including clients, management teams at each site, partner agencies, Case Resource Managers, Vocational Rehabilitations Counselors, etc.
- Communicating and working closely with the team to ensure quality standards for all program relevant paperwork
- Monitoring final paperwork from staff to ensure quality
- Updating and tracking monthly compliance for all responsible areas
- Keeping accurate workload/scheduling records of time spent performing coordination of duties
- Having the ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Building strong external relationships and representing Northwest Center while in the community
- Maintaining relationships with our existing and future mid to large-sized business partners to fulfill their hiring needs
- Having the ability to manage customer expectations through a deep understanding of business operations
- Developing and executing plans that address retention, development, assessment, and engagement of key talent
- Building and maintaining a network of potential candidates through pro-active on-going relationship management with different employment vendors
- Conducting in-depth interviews with potential candidates, demonstrating the ability to present qualified candidates to the hiring managers
- Providing job coaching and retention services in a variety of locations including office and warehouse environments
- Maintaining ongoing professional communication and following up with the client’s Support Network which includes, but is not limited to: Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) Counselors and Community Rehab Provider (CRP) Employment Consultants, by providing status updates and following-up on any questions or concerns raised by a member of the Support Network as required by contract or as directed by the client
- Completing all documentation as directed in a timely and professional manner
- Developing and maintaining client paperwork in compliance with all organizational and HIPPA standards.
- Possessing strong assessment skills for individuals
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early learning, and after school programs. Our employment services include transition services, vocational training, job placement, and supported employment.
We provide outsourcing solutions that meet the manufacturing and service needs of small and medium sized businesses, Fortune 500 companies, local government offices, and large federal agencies. Our portfolio of Social Enterprises employ people with and without disabilities working side-by-side to offer world-class service to our customers.
Enough About Us…Let’s talk about YOU!
- You thrive working independently and always take initiative
- Your communication style is clear and concise, both orally and in writing
- Customer service orientation and commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction
- You look forward to analyzing and evaluating situations and apply solutions when needed
- You are a natural problem solve
- You operate with patience and process the ability to work at a consistent, high-energy level, especially during periods of stress
- You love to make presentations to groups and individuals
- You are experienced with coaching/training individuals in job-related tasks and behaviors
- You prefer a flexible work space
- Plan and effectively prioritize
- Your motto is, it’s all about the details
- You are a goal digger – Setting and reaching your goals is a habit
- You are open to working a flexible schedule when needed, even on a weekend at times
- Ability to sit down for up to 8 hrs. per day
- Ability to stand up for up to 8 hrs. per day
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 10- 15 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Frequent amount talking/hearing; both in person and over the telephone
- Frequent use of keyboard
- Ability to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise as required
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.