Assistant Manager, Reception Services for Northwest Center Services
NORTHWEST CENTER SERVICES IS HIRING AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, PROGRAM SERVICES!!
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team provides a wide variety of office and logistical services to Amazon. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on supporting and advocating for individuals with disabilities. We take pride knowing our work contributes to the advancement of equal opportunities for children and adults with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
A day in the life of an Assistant Manager looks like….
Helping to oversee one of the largest groups in our Division, the Reception Team. You will own facilitating all classroom and annual training, coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer centric experience through each interaction, supervising a variety of projects and audits, and working to improve processes to increase team’s overall efficiency.
Our ideal candidate will possess outstanding people management skills and find joy in leading customer facing teams. They will also be adaptable and can adjust quickly based on operational need, including flexing their work schedule to occasionally support the team outside of typical business hours, occasionally on weekends.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing team that is a part of a mission that benefits our communities. If you have a passion for this type of work, we look forward to meeting you!
Schedule: Monday - Friday with flexibility to work on the weekends as needed. Hours of operation are from 7:30AM - 6PM. Must be able to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation for weekdays and some availability over the weekend as needed.
Salary Range: $67,506.84 per year | Full Range: $67,504.84 - $76,278.02 per year
Location: Crystal City, Virginia + DMV Areas
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
*** Please submit a Resume with your application. Cover Letters strongly preferred. ***
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Reception Team.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels within Amazon building’s, and making sure staff are onsite and prepared for operations at scheduled start times. Communicating employee call outs to leadership and willing to provide coverage as needed.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Become the subject matter expert of all building operations including, but not limited to, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes.
- Partner with Reception Program Manager on developing new program initiatives, developing appropriate SOP’s and operational standards.
- Plan, facilitate and manage all new hire training classes for AHQ locations granting associated permissions to new hires.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Handle escalated situations with callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4-year customer service or administrative support experience
- Proven experience as a supervisor or similar management role
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Experience in crowd or security management systems (i.e. Lenel, Right Crowd) - Preferred
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.