Call Center Representative for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Join the Northwest Center Services team at Amazon!
We are here to provide professional 5-star customer service. The Call Specialist is the first contact customers have with Amazon.com by phone. We act as a liaison by providing callers with the information and resources they need, while providing a memorable customer centric experience. Hours of operation are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
· Open and close call center location, making sure the area is clean and organized and confidential material is locked up.
· Answer upwards of 100 incoming telephone calls daily.
· Maintain a high level of 5 star customer service and professionalism to a wide range of customers.
· Respond to inquiries by gaining clarifying information, determining the caller’s need and providing the customer with the appropriate resource or transferring caller to the necessary employee or department.
· Keep detailed record of call metrics according to standard operating procedure.
· Maintain and audit call center equipment to include: phones, headsets, computers, and logs regularly. Immediately report any issues or discrepancies to Supervisor.
· Respond to all e-mails sent by Supervisor, Manager or Director acknowledging you received, read and understand the content if it is requested.
· Maintain appropriate levels of needed supplies. Report to your Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
· Uphold team’s qualitative and quantitative standards.
· Immediately report any suspicious calls or circumstances to BAC, NWC supervisors and GREF via a Significant Event Form.
· Maintain communication with Supervisor, keeping them informed of significant issues and/or call escalations.
· Create workplace tickets for any facility issues brought to NWC’s attention.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Some College preferred (but not required).
· Minimum 1-year Customer Service experience
· Minimum 1-year Call Center experience (required).
Skills & Abilities:
· Successful candidates will possess a strong commitment to 5-star customer service.
· Ability to talk on the phone using a clear and audible speaking voice.
· Ability to respond tactfully, deescalate difficult calls and provide the caller the best resource to resolve their issue.
· Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interrelate with the community, management and employees.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally with the community, management, vendor partners and employees.
· Ability to write concise correspondence with all levels of management, vendor partners and employees.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
· Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
· Flexibility in working between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm.
· Ability to type 40 WPM.
· Proficiency with Windows, Excel and Outlook e-mail.
· Experience with multi-line phone systems.
Contact with Others:
· The Call Specialist’s primary customer base includes external callers, internal employees, security personnel, maintenance, contractors, and all levels of Amazon.com management.
· Able to work independently.
· Daily communication with supervisors.
· Ongoing training on new policies and procedures.
· Frequent feedback provided by supervisors including formal and informal One-on-Ones.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
· Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time.
· Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs.
· Ability to communicate verbally for majority of day.
· Amazon is a dog friendly campus, any allergies may impede performance.