Wellness Observation & Response Crew (WORC) Supervisor for Northwest Center Services at Amazon
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Under the direction of the Director, the WORC Supervisor assumes responsibility for all team members and operations within their group of buildings. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer centric experience through each interaction, ensuring continuous monitoring audits are completed, and working to improve processes to increase team’s overall efficiency. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction.
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Job Title: Wellness Observation & Response Crew (WORC) Supervisor
Pay: Pay for this role is $2,115.20 per pay period (annualized to $55,000). This contract role will be a salaried exempt position.
Location: Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond (will oversee all 3 locations)
Job Length: May - December 2021
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Auditor team.
- Ensure staff are onsite and prepared for operations at scheduled start times. Communicating employee call outs to leadership and willing to provide coverage as needed.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Plan and develop employee work schedules, coordinating break coverage ensuring the best use of resources.
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, delegating as needed.
- Become the subject matter expert of all building operations including, but not limited to, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes.
- Learn & Maintain strong working knowledge of company products and services, and offer technical support and information to team members
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for training new auditors in all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures both within the iAudit system and continuous monitoring audits.
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent\
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Provide elevated customer support for visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests entering Amazon space.
- Handle escalated situations with visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
Needed experience & requirements
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-year customer service or administrative support experience.
- 2+ years proven experience as a supervisor or similar management role
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- 3+ Years supervisory experience.
- Experience in crowd or security management systems (i.e. Lenel, Right Crowd)
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.