Amazon Spheres - Guest Experience Team Member
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. The primary objective of the Spheres Ambassador is to provide a 5-star customer experience for all visitors to the Spheres through proactive engagement with each guest. Our focus is offering a one-of-a-kind experience through engaging visitors and answering questions while helping maintain the integrity of the space. We are committed to making the Spheres a memorable experience for all employees and guests. Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on select Saturdays. Schedules may vary due to operating hours.
Schedule: Full-Time - Must be available to work a flexible schedule and work hours of operation to include weekends. Hours of operation are 8:00am-6:00pm Monday- Friday, and on select Saturdays. Schedules may vary due to operating hours.
Wage: $19.50 per hour
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Facilitate the opening and closing of the Spheres, providing oversight of the space and ensuring it is clean, organized and customer-ready at all times.
- Anticipate guest and visitor needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner and ensure all standard operating policies and procedures are followed.
- Execute operational assignments during scheduled shifts while actively engaging with visitors and answering questions as necessary.
- Provide a positive experience through engagement, information sharing and appropriate conversation.
- Maintain situational awareness and close observation of each visitor and proactively offer assistance as necessary for a successful visit.
- Acquire and maintain relevant knowledge of the plant life in the Spheres highlighting unique plants in the space. Be prepared to offer insight and speak to the concept, timeline and design of the Spheres.
- Assist at the front desk during special events, high-traffic periods, or on an as-needed basis. Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres.
- Rove assigned locations to ensure all building, safety and visitor policies are followed.
- Track appropriate metrics as directed by a supervisor, manager, or director.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers using provided radios, instant messaging software and email.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions to maintain current information on the Spheres, Understory and Amazon-related topics and events.
- Assist with special events and projects, as requested by NWC leadership.
- Support virtual program regarding the Spheres program.
- Be prepared to offer guidance about places to eat and other landmarks to visit within the greater Seattle area.
- Immediately report any suspicious persons, calls or packages to Amazon Corporate Security, NWC supervisors and Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities.
Needed experience & requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2-year customer service in a museum, theme park or high profile venue preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interconnect with employees and the community.
- Maintain and attitude of flexibility and respect in all relationships with peers and staff.
- Demonstrates impeccable composure and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual events.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Comfortable presenting to large and small groups both conversationally and in a presentation.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Possess strong conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a items up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary in order to maximize the plant life in the space. The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- Speak to visitors, staff and colleagues for the duration of each shift.
- The position requires standing for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Walking up and down stairs is required when roving the space and assisting customers.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life so any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.