Northwest Center is now hiring a Team Supervisor to join our team!
We are seeking a motivated and compassionate individual to fill the role of Team Supervisor for our ship-loading operations. This position leads a team responsible for loading provisions into naval vessels. Items are loaded by hand, often working outdoors under varying weather conditions. Your work will contribute to the smooth logistics operations and play a vital role in supporting our organization's overall mission of empowering individuals with disabilities.
Location: Bremerton and Everett (Ability to commute between locations)
Wage: $19.75 - $22.00
Additional Compensation: $4.23 Per-Hour Health & Welfare $1,000 Hiring Bonus
Hours: Monday - Friday Hours Vary Full - Time
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 11 paid holidays
- Parental Leave and Paid Compassion Leave
- Two weeks of paid training
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Supervise and lead ship loading teams in Bremerton and Everett, ensuring smooth operations and adherence to loading schedules.
- Train, mentor, and support team members of diverse abilities, providing guidance and creating opportunities for skill development.
- Collaborate with logistics and operations managers to optimize loading processes and resource allocation.
- Maintain a strong focus on safety protocols and ensure all team members follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity, respect, and teamwork among the team members.
- Experience driving a passenger van and a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lead a team, demonstrated by successful management or supervision experience
- Prior Material Handling experience or general labor experience
- Ability to operate both motorized and manual material handling equipment, including, but not limited to 15 passengers Van, light and medium-sized trucks, and forklifts
- Must be able to lift and move goods weighing between 40 - 70lbs on a consistent basis
- Able to work in small enclosed areas onboard vessels under varying temperatures (hot/cold)
- Able to walk up and down ladders and stand for long periods
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Be a US citizen
- Ability to pass a Naval Clearance background check
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.