Northwest Center is now hiring a Childcare Cook to join our school in Downtown Seattle!
Northwest Center Kids provides early learning programs for children with and without disabilities in the same classroom, recognizing each child as a unique individual. We're where kids of all abilities can reach their full potential together. We are committed to quality service and inclusive learning in a warm, friendly environment.
As a Childcare Cook, you will make food and work with children from birth through age five. This position requires significant interaction with children, families, teachers, and our administrative team. Opportunities for overtime if available. No weekends or evening shifts required!
Northwest Center prioritizes our employees' safety and proudly follows all public health guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control.
Location: Downtown Seattle
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Wage: $20 - $24.00 per hour
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 20 paid holidays + 1 day of floating holiday; 2 floating holiday days annually after one year
- Parental Leave and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Company-Provided Orca Card
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Eligible to receive scholarships for a Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education
- Monthly reflective practice with a licensed therapist
- Tuition discount after one year at our NWC Early Learning Schools
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Preparing basic breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks
- Providing appropriate substitutions for children with special diets and allergies
- Developing supportive relationships with parents and caregivers to learn more about special diets and allergies
- Maintaining logs and ordering food items and kitchen supplies
- Working collaboratively with the teachers, children, and administrative staff
- Following health and safety protocols outlined by the Public Health Department and the Department of Early Learning
- Familiarity with working in early learning or educational settings
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Must have or obtain a valid Washington State food handler's permit prior to beginning employment
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.