Amazon - Reception Manager for Northwest Center Services
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, the Reception Program Manager assumes responsibility for all team members and operations within their group of buildings. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer centric experience through each interaction, overseeing a variety of projects and audits, and working to improve processes to increase team’s overall efficiency. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:20AM – 6:05PM (hours vary)
Wage: Starting Salary: $95,675.00 per year | Full Salary Range: $95,675.00 - $108,116.00 per year
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Reception Team, including temporary workers.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction. Monitoring and analyzing metrics identifying and recommending process improvements where needed
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the program. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the served customer. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, effectively delegating as needed ensuring all project/task deadlines are met
- Become the subject matter expert of all building operations including, but not limited to, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes.
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to both obtain and disseminate information about the planned activities of the space, ensuring team members are knowledgeable and confident about operations
- Maintain a 12-month rhythm of the business dashboard that outlines key events, regular meetings, training sessions and other items of business impact
- Develop and implement effective evaluation methods to assess program strengths and areas in need of address and improvement
- Identify and document processes for internal stakeholder review and approval of new or updated procedures
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals
- Responsible for program performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with NWC and Amazon policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include recruitment and interviewing, training and supporting staff; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and providing corrective feedback to employees and effective escalation resolution.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Provide elevated customer support for callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests entering Amazon space.
- Handle escalated situations with callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests
- Maintain cleanliness and overall visual presence of lobby and back room storage ensuring it is cleaned, organized and stocked as necessary.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
Needed experience & requirements
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in project/program management and operations of high performing programs with direct supervision of supervisory level staff
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- 5+ Years management experience
- Background leading strategic planning and execution across a corporate organization
- Experience in crowd or security management systems (i.e. Lenel, Right Crowd)
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Variable working hours between 07:30AM and 6:00PM with occasional nights and weekends
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.