Research & Development Molecular Technologist
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join our Research & Development team who wants to continue to learn and grow. We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Molecular you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing procedures. You will figure out acceptability of specimens for testing, prepare clinical specimens and identify specimen related problems.
In this position, you will need to analyze specimens and review and release test results. You will have the means to prepare stock solutions, reagents and cocktails used in the laboratory. You will then test these based on standard criteria and document all observations.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Participates in continuing education
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least one year of laboratory experience/training/training course is required.
- Following CA CLS academic requirements must be met; 16 semester or equivalent quarter units of chemistry, which must include clinical chemistry OR analytical and 18 semester or equivalent quarter units of biology, which must include hematology, immunology, and medical, 3 semester or equivalent quarter units of physics (light and electricity).
- Level I: 1+ years of clinical reference laboratory work with Molecular & NGS experience strongly preferred
- Level II: 4+ years of clinical reference laboratory experience with Molecular & NGS strongly preferred
- Level III: 6+ years of clinical reference laboratory experience with Molecular & NGS strongly preferred
- California: California State License to perform laboratory testing required
- National:ASCP MB license preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.