Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Senior Scientist who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of specialists in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Senior Scientist provides technical leadership to the department within one or more modalities, strong knowledge guiding project planning and execution, problem solving, representing both client and R&D projects within the company and externally. Writing proposals and/or plans, works independently, consistently and accurately for complex or difficult tasks. Translates projects between departments including R&D and Clinical teams. The Senior Scientist performs either a greater number or more varied amount of complex or difficult tasks and assignments than the work performed by a Scientist. The Senior Scientist may also serve as the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager for assigned projects or R&D initiatives, supervise project deliverables, manage the sample and data collection process, data monitoring, and all associated project manager tasks.
- Independently designs and executes applications within the modality areas.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of a Scientist.
- Consistently and independently performs the more complex level of procedures and projects.
- Provides technical leadership, mentors and directs laboratory teams in performing project experiments.
- Represents the department in a diverse range of settings, including with other departments, clients, audits, vendors, and conferences.
- Provide the leadership on project design and feasibility studies.
- Performs the literature review, write project/product proposals or plans.
- Reviews new technologies in the market.
- Analyzes, presents data and project updates to the management team.
- Validate and translate new tests and/or new technology between R&D and Operations.
- Provides support to research collaborations, clinical trials and other department projects.
- Prepares high quality technical reports (including validation, verification, final project) and documentation including posters/papers, client presentations and technical content for marketing materials.
- Assist with departmental budgeting and/or administrative efforts.
- Familiar with CAP/CLIA and FDA (GCP or GLP as appropriate) requirements and knowledgeable with the specialty requirements within those organizations
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in a life, physical or computer science or M.D. preferred; M.S. in a life, physical or computer science with related experience; BS in a life, physical or computer sciences
- Five or more years related laboratory or technical experience in molecular & NGS assay development preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Previous Regulatory experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.