Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for Surgical Pathologist who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. We want someone to join our organization who is dedicated to their work and a standout colleague.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. It is the common purpose of all NeoGenomics employees to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our staff physicians, scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improvingg patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
NeoGenomics is a high-volume oncology-focused commercial laboratory specializing in both solid tumor and hematology testing. You will join a national team of experienced hematopathologists, surgical pathologists, and molecular pathologists. You must possess the ability to handle a significant volume of work in a multifaceted, fast-moving, and collaborative environment, with a commitment to becoming a strong member of the team and a dedication to outstanding customer service. As a Surgical Pathologist you will be responsible for providing surgical pathology consultation services that integrate morphological examination with ancillary studies, including FISH and Molecular genetics. In addition, you will be responsible for providing safe and efficient pathology and laboratory services to NeoGenomics and will provide advice on pathology and laboratory matters and professional pathology and laboratory standards of practice. This is a staff level position within the Medical Department.
- Performs diagnostic interpretation of biopsy and/or cytology material to include gross and microscopic evaluation, and electronic release of reviewed cases.
- Performs interpretation of predictive biomarker testing, particularly immunohistochemistry.
- Identifies and circles tumor areas of interest for FISH and Molecular testing.
- Performs quality control and assurance procedures and participates in departmental professional quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Participates in several functions involved in day-to-day operations, including case consultation sign out responsibilities with full time availability to interact with our clients for pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical questions.
- Provides expertise and assistance to technologists and technicians to resolve case issues.
- Works closely with clinical and administrative staff to ensure the highest standards of TAT, quality, and customer service are maintained.
- Builds effective relationships with referring physicians and ensures excellent client follow-up.
- Provides input in the decision-making process regarding utilization of state-of-the-art technologies, as well as innovative diagnostic or therapeutic testing in pathology.
- Performs duties one day per weekend on a regular basis.
- M.D. degree and board certification/eligibility in Anatomic Pathology
- 5 years of attending level experience in surgical pathology strongly encouraged; candidates with less experience may be considered.
- Qualified for unrestricted Medical License to practice in the state of FL. Other state medical licensures a plus.
- Strong clinical interest in immunohistochemistry and Molecular diagnostic interpretation required. Experience or fellowship training in FISH and Molecular diagnostic studies is preferable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.