Cloud Security Engineer
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics!
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Position Summary: The Cloud Security Engineer will be primarily responsible for protecting the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of information assets in cloud environments – SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
- Apply adept understanding and experience with systems automation platforms and technologies
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Interpret security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers
- Direct and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber Security controls
- Collaborate with application developers and database administrators to deliver creative solutions to difficult technology challenges and business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
- Execute security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Employ cloud-based APIs when suitable to write network/system level tools for safeguarding cloud environments
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company’s Cloud offerings.
- Creates design documentation and runbooks for new and existing platforms as needed for knowledge transfer to other staff.
- Document data flows of sensitive and confidential information within the enterprise and recommend controls that adhere to company SOP and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide direction and support to the IT Security Team, addressing security related issues and projects.
- Track, manage, and execute audit remediation, and assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Identify and evaluate IT security risk/exposure on new and existing applications and infrastructure and provide any corrective measures required.
- Research technologies in support of emerging security threats.
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities by implementing applicable solutions and tools.
- Support, manage, and enforce our change control process in order to meet our regulatory requirements.
- Contribute and be active participant in achieving – Departmental goals, SLA attainment, and Corporate TAT (Turn-around time).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Experience: 5+ years IT Cyber Security experience
- Must include 3 + years' experience in a Cloud-centric role; including security engineering, incident response, and/or penetration testing with cyber security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and programming applications and ample experience in high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic
- Hands on experience with the following:
- microservices and container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- development, deployment, and automation of security solutions with CI/CD in AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- cloud automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, Ansible, etc.
- 0365 Security and Azure Information Probation.
- Practical knowledge of AWS and/or Azure foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies
- Understanding of complex enterprise environments and current technology areas like cloud and mobility
- Familiarity using AWS Cloud Services (EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Route 53, etc.)
- Capability architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- DevOps know-how building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity using Azure Security Tools (Defender ATP, Azure Sentinel, Azure ATP, Office 365 security, security center, Defender for Identity, Defender for endpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Must be available for on-call rotation for afterhours and weekend support.
- Understanding of security requirements, best practices, and execution in various cloud implementation scenarios: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
Certification: It is important that applicants for the cloud security engineer position have CISSP or equivalent cloud security-related industry certifications (Azure Security Engineer/AWS Associate or higher Certification)_____
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.