Research Scientist, Molecular & NGS Focus
NeoGenomics Employees must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within 7 business days of your start date which will required by the HR department. If you are formally offered a position to join NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with HMO and PPO option, including several options based on your personal usage. We have company 401k match along with Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employee of with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Research Scientist in our Aliso Viejo, CA location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
We are seeking a highly motivated cancer biologist who wants to apply his/her knowledge and expertise on cancer research to clinical diagnostics and biomarkers field. The candidate will work independently and as a part of a team on different projects within the R+D department including the identification of prospective oncology biomarkers and the development of clinical diagnostics tests, execute clinical research projects and author publications collaborating within and outside the department. The candidate will also participate on the technical assessments and submissions of our clinical diagnostics tests to regulatory agencies.
- Designs and conducts experiments, collects data, and analyzes results in support of the Company’s project development objectives, and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Process samples related to clinical research projects
- Prepares reagents, antibodies and materials for testing when appropriate.
- Maintains laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Tests new equipment using manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as the need arises
- Summarizes data and provides result analysis, formulates experimental conclusions, and reviews project progress with supervisor.
- Assists in the preparation of scholarly articles for publication; presents results of independent research; writes reports/summaries for internal communications and completes scientific papers for peer reviewed journals, publishing abstracts, manuscripts, or industry requirements.
- Education: Ph.D. in a life or physical science or M.D. preferred; B.S or M.S. in a life or physical science with related experience.
- One or more years of related research and laboratory experience in assay development required.
- Must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within 7 business days of your start date which will required by the HR department. If you are formally offered a position to join NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
- PhD graduate preferred with postdoctoral experience on basic, translational or clinical research in tumor biology, immuno-oncology, cancer genomics, epigenetics, cell biology or a related subject area with solid understanding of cancer drivers, pathways and/or tumor microenvironment as evidenced by a track record of publications.
- Good visual acuity including color perception.required for certain departments
- Experience using data repositories and analysis tools such as cBioPortal, DepMap, TCGA, Cosmic is preferred.
- Hands on bench experience on general molecular/cell biology techniques and NGS assays such as targeted DNA-seq, RNA-Seq, single cell analyses, ChiP-Seq, DNA/RNA methyl Seq, etc.
- Experience on sequencing analysis and manipulation tools including UCSD genome browser and IGV.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics pipelines, data mining, analysis, hypotheses generation and publication quality figure production using command line tools (Matlab, R, etc.) is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.