Laboratory Technician II
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Laboratory Technician who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. This position is for a Monday - Friday day shift. This position will require temporary, paid, relocation for training for several months to Aliso Viejo, CA.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, or within a training environment, the Laboratory Technician II will assist with responsibilities associated with processing specimens for clinical testing and will provide general support for the laboratory following established policies and procedures.
This position is the experienced level of the Technician job category and is distinguished from the lower level by the greater variety and complexity of tasks performed, less supervision required during performance of tasks, and greater responsibility for departmental operations. Employees in this role may carry out standardized procedures that they have demonstrated competency in, with review during the process, and while adhering to state specific guidelines for laboratory technicians. This position level may also train lower level positions within the department.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician I and maintains knowledge of all functions
- May train laboratory assistants in the department
- May instruct laboratory assistants in special procedures and tasks
- Participate in and initiate process improvement methods and initiatives
- Assists technologist in performing complex tasks or procedures if needed.
- Receives, organizes and processes clinical specimens accurately. Identifies worksheet, computer, and specimen problems and demonstrates ability to either resolve or elevate to licensed personnel appropriately
- Prepares and organizes written data, printouts, and other documents for licensed technologist to review
- Prepares testing equipment, assists with preventative maintenance
- Reports problems concerning individual tasks, equipment, and supplies to the Laboratory Supervisor or the Lead Technologist to ensure timely resolution
- Operates automated equipment per SOP
- Prepares reagents and controls using automated or fixed measuring devices following established SOP’s. Maintains complete and accurate records of reagents
- Responds promptly to pathologists, managers/supervisors/lead, technologists, and administrative requests
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree is required (in a life or physical science field is strongly preferred) / or AA or AS degree in conjunction with Medical Laboratory Technician License
- Minimum 3 years of related laboratory with immunohistochemistry (IHC) experience strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of laboratory techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.