Anatomic Pathology Training Coordinator
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for an Anatomic Pathology Training Specialist who wants to continue to learn and contribute to NeoGenomics growth. This position will work a Tuesday - Saturday 9a-5:30pm shift.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As the training coordinator your primary function will be to support the execution of the Histology Training program for the department as it trains students through to licensure upon successful course completion. They will work in conjunction with the department director to facilitate training for current hires, as well as interns and/or students to reinforce existing processes and to implement new processes/procedures.
- Coordinates with Department leadership team to identify training needs and development plans for individuals and teams as required throughout the program.
- Plans and manages the activities involved in the preparation and assessment of training and development programs most specifically the HT/HTL training program.
- Supports and manages the curriculum for training in the department.
- Assists with the training and development programs that address professional, and organizational needs of employees within the department.
- Possesses the knowledge base to train team members using appropriate training methods per initiative (1:1 training, classroom training, WebEx, etc. as required)
- Maintains communications with state agencies as required to ensure the HTL training are following state regulations as required.
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- BS degree or Associates in Science degree in chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education of 60 semester hours with 24 semesters hours in biological and chemical science courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of the successful completion of a course of at least 1 year experience/training/training course in assigned specialty - OR –
- Master of Arts or Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution with a major in one the chemical, physical, or biological sciences, and subsequent to graduation, has had at least four years of pertinent laboratory experience of which not less than two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level
- A minimum (6) years of experience as a Histotechnologist with responsibilities demonstrating the ability to conduct successful training of staff in a structured program.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) required, QIHC (ASCP) preferred
- FL: State license required
- Must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within 7 business days of your start date which will required by the HR department. If you are formally offered a position to join NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.