Clinical Laboratory Technologist- Molecular
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join our Molecular team who wants to continue to learn and grow. Multiple shifts available; Sunday - Thursday, Tuesday- Saturday, afternoon. NGS experience preferred.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Molecular you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing procedures and leading complex laboratory validations. You will figure out acceptability of specimens for testing, prepare clinical specimens and identify specimen related problems.
Experience setting up and executing validations, daily processing, and troubleshooting of NGS testing is required.
In this position, you will need to analyze specimens and review and release test results. You will have the means to prepare stock solutions, reagents and cocktails used in the laboratory. You will then test these based on standard criteria and document all observations.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Participates in continuing education
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least one year of laboratory experience/training/training course is required.
- Following FL CLS academic requirements must be met; 24 semester hours of academic science including 6 semester hours of biological sciences and 6 semester hours of chemical sciences;
- ASCP: MB License Preferred
- Florida: Eligible and qualified to obtain a Florida license
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Pay Range (will vary based on location & experience) $23-$66 Plus bonus