Billing Territory Specialist
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Billing Territory Specialist in the Great Lakes or MidWest region who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. It is the common purpose of all NeoGenomics employees to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our staff physicians, scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Under minimal supervision, assists Clients, Sales, and Billing on client billing practices and procedures. Facilitate in work ups for procedures and processes that support the company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives. Communicate processes impacting clients and overall billing workflows, your work will drive continuous client education and extraordinary customer service.
- Serves as billing client liaison for all medical, technical, sales, and support services.
- Address and evaluate internal inquiries, concerns, and trends with regard to Client billing and Third Party billing.
- Ensuring customer retention by providing superior customer service and education support to clients via; on site visits, phone calls and Webinar training.
- Works closely with Training and Quality Control team to develop training tools for Client education.
- Continuously provide educational material to the client base ensuring all Government and Non-Government billing guidelines are being met.
- Works closely with Client Billing, Front End and RCM teams to identify areas where client education is needed.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to process improvements with in the billing department.
- Works closely with Senior Management, keeping them informed of trends via meetings, documentation and reporting.
- Works with the Billing Team to help meet monthly cash and AR aging goals.
- Complete administrative tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Achieves desired level of competency and accuracy for the main department processes within 6 months
- Works productively and efficiently to achieve company and departmental goals
- Continually drive down client billing issues and see a reduction in Error queues, MI and Top 10 by 25% monthly
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff and clients
- Adheres to NeoGenomics Laboratories core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- 4-5 years related experience in billing, insurance and third party receivables or healthcare industry
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for billing department
- Laboratory billing experience desired
- Possesses a positive leadership and team player attitude
Must be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledgeable about billing practices
- This may include knowledge of Test pricing and CPT coding, reimbursement processes; commercial billing accounts receivables, review and interpretation of aging’s, cash flows, write offs and follow up analysis
- Proficiency in utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Access and Webinar’s.
- Able to write, speak, and listen well and appropriately with different audiences.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and other documentation materials.
- Able to think analytically, conceptually and systemically.
- Able to collect and research data, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate decisions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.