Quality Specialist, Anatomic Pathology, M-F days
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Quality Specialist Technologist for a Mon-Fri, 9a-5:30pm shift. We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Quality Specialist Technologist [QST] works under minimal supervision and demonstrates proficiency of core responsibilities performed in a moderate and high complexity testing Anatomic Pathology laboratory and perform duties as assigned. This is the advanced level for the Technologist job category responsible for assisting the department site supervisor/managers, who are ultimately responsible for the execution of quality imperatives. The Quality Specialist Technologist is tasked with assisting in the implementation of key priorities and supporting quality requirements and initiatives in department operations set by the Quality Specialist Technologist Supervisor and/or the Director of Anatomic Pathology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in core responsibilities of a Histotechnologist (HTL) and perform duties as assigned
- Attend the Quality Monthly Meeting and any other quality meetings as required. In attendance the QST is the site representative of the department and is required to communicate information from the Quality meeting to the department through typical communication means and/or trainings and facilitates discussion and communication of quality initiatives/requirements
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert [SME] for the Quality Management Program of the department
- Act as a liaison with the Quality Department
- Support the Quality Specialist Technologist Supervisor [QSTS] to implement and improve document management at their site. Ensures that all site departmental Standard Operating Procedures and Forms are reviewed and current
- Ensure that all site-specific department employees are assigned to the correct QMS job codes for correct assignment of departmental Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure that all current Standard Operating Procedures are accurate and match departmental operating practices
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university AND successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician or Histology program within the last 5 years; OR Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry (must include credit hours in both) AND one-year full time acceptable experience in a histopathology (clinical, veterinary, industry or research) laboratory in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years.
- Certification: · Nationally: ASCP certification as Histotechnologist (HTL) or Histotechnician (HT) required
- FL: Current state license to perform laboratory testing
- Experience: 3 years or more years of equivalent experience (high complexity testing) preferred
- Advanced understanding of general laboratory techniques with emphasis on department specific techniques
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.