Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Histotechnologist I who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. This position will work a Tuesday-Saturday 2pm-10:30pm shift and includes a $2,500.00 Sign On Bonus!.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Histotechnologist you will work under general direction to precisely and accurately performing a variety of routine and specialized histology techniques and procedures. In this role, you will receive specimens, prepare them for testing and analysis, and perform filing to finish the case. You will research, troubleshoot, and resolve histology related inquiries and problems within the laboratory. This position requires you to produce the highest quality of embedding, microtomy, tissue grossing, tissue processing, and H&E staining, special staining and equipment maintenance.
- Receive specimens of tissue and ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting
- Prepare tissue specimens with chemicals, slicing, and mounting on glass slides for microscopic examination and analysis
- Embed processed tissue in paraffin
- Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated
- Helps maintain acceptable productivity, TAT and workflow
- Reports problems concerning individual cases, tests, equipment, and supplies to the department supervisor or lead technologist to ensure timely resolution
- Responds promptly to pathologists, technologists, and administrative requests
- Responsible for maintaining the laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification
- Demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Aide in preparing the laboratory for inspections from regulatory institutions
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: You will need an Associates degree in the field and to have complete a one year internship or a long-term training program in a histopathology lab.
- Experience: We prefer you have 1+ years equivalent experience as a Histotechnician/Technologist for this position.
- Nationally: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- Basic knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to maintain production and quality standards
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.