Clinical Laboratory Technologist II - Cytogenetics
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Cytogenetics Technologist to join the Pharma Services team. We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Clinical Laboratory Technologist I, II or III
The Pharma Services Clinical Laboratory Technologist works under minimal supervision and consistently and accurately performs a varied amount of complex or difficult tasks with high quality detail and documentation.
Employees in this position will perform all components of Laboratory testing procedures of the FISH and Cytogenetics Pharma Services department and provide support to other departments as required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Consistently and independently performs the more complex level of clinical tests by following department procedures.
- Drives initiative for prompt, accurate performance of test results with appropriate documentation of result.
- Assists the department in ensuring an efficient workflow operation by reporting existing problems, i.e. problems concerning individual cases, tests, equipment and supplies that may cause significant delay on the workflow process to the department Lead, Supervisor or Director
- Performs newly introduced tests to the laboratory that require defined skills
- Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department.
- Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department
- Participates in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs
- Must be familiar with CAP/CLIA requirements and knowledgeable with the specialty requirements within those organizations
- Performs quality control checks of samples and data entries as required
Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned):
- May assist in validation processes through documentation and development of procedural operations for new tests or new lots following manufacturer’s guidelines and/or established department SOP’s
- May be delegated the task of training other staff in proper performance of both routine and complex procedures and/or instruments
- Provides technical direction to staff members. May provide feedback to supervisor on individual and/or team learning progress
- May provide direct and constant oversight or guidance of unlicensed staff, as required
- May serve as the Safety Officer
- Maintains or assists in maintaining sample inventory of the department
- Receives incoming supplies; stores and maintains an inventory for the department
- Accessions cases received for testing, including data entry of all pertinent information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Performs other duties as assigned by department Supervisor / Manager or Lead technologist
- Achieves desired level of competency and accuracy for the main department processes and responsibilities of assigned position, as defined in established SOPs, within 6 months
- Demonstrates behaviors that are in alignment with the NeoGenomics Laboratories Key Attributes: Process Discipline, Best Practices, Continuous Improvement, Entrepreneurial, Sense of Urgency, Transparent Metrics & Measures, Inclusiveness, and Communication
- Adheres to NeoGenomics Laboratories core values, safety, compliance, and Company policies and procedures.
- Accurately follows Pharma Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Sponsor Specific Procedures (SSPs)
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least 1 year of laboratory experience/training/training course required.
Experience: minimum two (2) years of equivalent experience (high complexity testing) preferred
- Proficient in advanced laboratory techniques with emphasis on department specific techniques
- Possesses sufficient computer skills to accomplish complex tasks
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Certificate Compliance Requirements:
- United States: ASCP CG certification
- US: FL & CA: current state license to perform laboratory testing
Travel Required: Minimal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.