Case Management Specialist
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Case Management Specialist in Aliso Viejo, CA who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. This position will work a TBD shift.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Case management specialists are tasked with running laboratory work lists to ensure proper TAT is achieved, and if not, that communication regarding the delay (repeat, QNS, TNP or any other reason) is documented and relayed to the appropriate area to include both internal and external customers.
You will be accountable for ensuring triage of work lists and “special” patient cases and following through to ensure reporting out is done timely. We can adapt to new technologies that are relevant to the work, while providing excellent service to all internal as well as external clients.
We work productively and efficiently to achieve company and departmental goals. Additionally, we will project a professional image through telephone and email communications to internal and external customers
- Lead assigned lab department work lists to ensure timely TAT and proper coverage
- With the use of proper software / programs, you will execute on proper critical issues of delays or problems post triage of any work lists
- You may maintain and handle key or special accounts as well as assist in providing service to the sales organization
- Schedule may include evening or weekend afterhours on-call coverage as needed
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional training in medical terminology and/or laboratory operations preferred
- Experience: You will need minimum Two (2) or more years of experience in laboratory operations
- We are seeking excellent typing and data entry skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and database management
- You will use your Strong knowledge of lab processes and testing to be highly service orientated
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies, and work environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate a potential for strong analytical skills
- This role may work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in Safety Manual
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.