PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - 1st Shift
The Production Supervisor-1st Shift provides leadership and direction to production associates in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity. Facilitates and executes the production department’s action plans. Implements corrective action plans that create long-term solutions to systemic problems. Supports operators to ensure the ongoing operation of the facility. Performs tasks in a safe manner to achieve quality, service, and cost objectives.
- Facilitates daily start up, routine production and changeover processes for assigned lines.
- Schedules personnel including training, call-outs, and Temporary employees.
- Coordinates reprocess, including maintaining records for reprocess.
- Collects and verifies the accuracy of downtime worksheets.
- Updates and verifies the accuracy of the daily production reports.
- Collects, verifies, and files production checklists.
- Verifies production numbers with the warehouse and packs production numbers.
- Implements production plan for the shift.
- Ensures that current production schedule is being followed by team.
- Manages the indirect material inventory levels to ensure that the demands for production are available.
- Follows up with the Quality Control department on hold situations to facilitate the creation and implementation of new procedures into the daily production routine to prevent future issues.
- Manages recovery of any non-conforming product delivered to warehouse, coordinate reworking back into production run (missing codes, incorrect coding, and any defective incidents).
- Implements corrective actions and continuous improvements to improve processes per the manager’s instructions.
- Manages GMP guidelines at all times.
- Participates in projects as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all Miracapo policies and procedures.
- Achieves and/or exceeds safety objectives for area of responsibility.
- Ensures accuracy of all employee documentation.
- Supports Plant’s Safety Initiatives and Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to problem-solve, perform root cause analysis and make timely, informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, lead and build relationships at all levels within the company.
- Able to understand and execute cost containment programs and budget.
- Self-motivated; has accurate self-insight; builds organizational talent by teaching and coaching; is customer/quality oriented, maintains a positive disposition and is persuasive.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to work all shifts as needed.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management, prioritization, follow-up and organizational skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management, Business Administration or other closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressive manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frozen food manufacturing environment – temperature ranges from 10-50°F in production areas.
- Manufacturing environment requires hearing protection
- Manufacturing environment requires constant standing, walking
- Assisting crews requires occasional lifting, pushing, pulling
- Work is performed in various locations inside and outside the plant.
- Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
- Equipment used includes various pumps, valves, piping, hose, tanks, machinery, computers and associated software, control panel, forklifts, hand tools, copy machine, and any other equipment identified in the role. Personal protective equipment includes, but is not limited to safety glasses, slip resistant shoes and hearing protection.
- Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company.
- Employee will be expected to attend safety and GMP training, serve on the safety committee if requested and participate in hazard analysis and resolution.
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.