MACHINE OPERATOR III
MACHINE OPERATOR III
1st and 2nd Shift
PAY RATE STARTING
$14.00 AN HOUR
To ensure a quality product while adhering to customer specifications by safely operating Level 3 machinery/equipment used in producing ingredients, product parts or in packaging.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Setup, calibrate, monitor, run and troubleshoot to ensure efficient performance of Level 3 machinery: shanklin, heat tunnel, nitro tunnel, mixer, press-oven, sauce batcher, pepomatic. Machinery with more complex PLC mechanisms and/or more complex machinery compared to Level 2.
- Utilizes partnerships and communication with support department (maintenance, QA, sanitation, warehouse) to ensure efficient problem solving for day-to-day issues
- Communicate with Material Handler Production employees to ensure proper product is consistently available for the area of influence to ensure maximized run times are achieved
- Perform all SPC checks, record and modify equipment to ensure correct product operational ranges are maintained
- Ensure that the operation complies with GMP’s, safety, quality, SOP’S, and that the equipment is in good mechanical condition by visual inspection, identifying any problems and contact maintenance if repairs are needed
- Able to make adjustments on equipment as necessary during the production run
- May be required to shut the equipment down and prepare for cleaning.
- Participate in functional training of co-workers as necessary to maintain efficiency and coverage during operation.
- Complete all required reports, documentation, etc. and input any information in to the production system
- Review appropriate production schedules to ensure correct equipment setups have been made and appropriate materials are present for efficient equipment productivity
- Make setting adjustments on equipment as necessary during the production run.
- Ensure that the operation complies with GMP’s, safety, quality, and SOPs
- Understand and conform to all SPC enforcement practices
- Ensure that the equipment to be operated is in good mechanical condition by visual inspection, identify any problems and contact maintenance for repair
- May be required to shut the equipment down and prepare it for cleaning
- Participate in functional training of co-workers as necessary to maintain efficiency and coverage during the operation
- Complete all required reports, documentation, etc. and input required information in to the production system.
- Makes sound decisions based on supervisor guidance
- Works in an organized manor to meet daily goals
- Able to accept feedback and modify behavior accordingly
- Self-motivated and continuously looking to improve
- Responsible for work done and focused on improving
- Clearly communicates to others and actively listens
- Builds partnerships for teamwork
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with machine operation in a food manufacturing environment desirable
- Material handling experience preferred
- Must have ability to work independently and be responsible for timely completion and accurate work
- Must be able to complete required documentation and maintain appropriate records in English
- Computer Literate with demonstrated skill in manufacturing applications and MS Office programs a must
- Requires Basic English verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work in temperature-controlled environment associated with freezers and refrigerated warehouses
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
- Must be able to constantly stand/walk throughout the shift
- Significant visual acuity for computer screen, small objects on the line or equipment, and ingredient problems
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including overtime and weekend shift coverage.