REGULATORY AND SKU MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
REGULATORY AND SKU MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
Corporate Office - Elk Grove Village
Miracapo Pizza Company is the leading North American manufacturer of specialty frozen pizzas for some of the world’s largest retail, foodservice and consumer branded companies. For over 30 years we have specialized in contract manufacturing, private label, and brand development.
Responsible for execution of regulatory labeling activities related to new product development, new supplier and new ingredient approvals, and maintenance of existing product labels. Working knowledge of labeling laws and ingredient statement builds, allergen issues, label formatting, and government regulations.
Serve as a single point of contact for existing product/SKU changes, monitoring and communicating change activities to appropriate cross-functional team members, ensuring change requests are submitted by assigned departments and implemented in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Ownership of all label approvals through government organizations and customers. This includes submittal of label approval applications to the USDA and completion of Generic label approvals when applicable. Manage label library.
- Proof label artwork for accurate information before different stages in the process (i.e. initial graphics review, printing, production, etc.)
- Complete finished product label audits against ingredient specifications, Genesis, and label approvals.
- Update and maintain nutritional database and corresponding ingredient spec information
- Complete formula change, material substitution or replacement analysis as it pertains to impact on labeling compliance, when needed.
- Calculate control limits for component weights and determine appropriate label weights for new products.
- Maintain the UPC Register and provide UPC/SCC codes for new projects
- Create case labels as needed.
- Assist Document Control in creation, update, and implementation of process documents and specifications. Serve as back up to Document Control Coordinator.
- Track, monitor, and, communicate on a regular basis product changes, progress, and backlog.
- Conduct and schedule regular meetings with all required cross-functional team members ensuring all sku change activities are completed timely.
- Ensure change requests (ECRs) are submitted by appropriate assigned departments in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Document Control Coordinator on proper maintenance and implementation of updates on production documents, bill of materials, quality documents, ingredients, packaging, etc. as relate to sku changes.
- Evaluate product changes, ensuring internal and external customer compliance.
- Analyses available data to make informed decisions
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions.
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills include building rapport and maintaining strong relationships across all levels, sensitivity to individual and team needs, collaborating effectively to accomplish work and effective facilitation.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations
- Knowledge of labeling laws, allergens, and nutritional labeling.
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central preferred
- This position requires a working knowledge across business functions, as well as a high degree of peer leadership to facilitate proper management of regulatory and sku maintenance requirements. The incumbent will need to work in and among the following areas:
- Regulatory Agency Personnel
- Product Development
- Technical Service
- Project Management
- Operations and QA
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science or related field preferred. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum five years food manufacturing experience in quality assurance, product development, labeling, food safety
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.