Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, responsible for assigning and directing work within assigned areas to ensure that plant is maintained at the highest levels of efficiency in order to produce and ship product to our customers, on time and within budget. Provide the overall leadership and direction for maintenance team on an assigned shift including staff training and development, parts supply, preventative/predictive maintenance systems, downtime tracking, and safety and quality.
- Maintain function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operate and test systems and equipment; restore, repair, rebuild, and/or replace faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Evaluate functionality and reliability of facility and process equipment and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments, and identifying problems and requirements.
- Improve function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results, identifying, recommending and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Supervise outside contracted labor ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Accomplish human resource objectives for the maintenance department by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and appraise job contributions; recommend compensation actions, adhering to Miracapo policies and procedures.
- Meet maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems.
- Meet maintenance financial standards by monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Foster a culture of safety and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Manage specific aspects on the facility safety program to include lock-out/tag-out, confined space, etc.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals
- Oversees daily maintenance activities at Miracapo’s manufacturing facilities in Gurnee.
- Occasional travel between plant locations and the corporate office may be required.
- Two-year technical school certification or associates degree in maintenance with 7+ years of maintenance experience required, including five years in a leadership role with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with refrigerated/frozen, short lead time/short shelf life food products.
- Strong technical and business knowledge to include the latest Supply Chain Management techniques (i.e. Lean Enterprise) and TPM methods to drive step-function improvement across the Supply Chain.
- Requisite leadership skills and experience to thoroughly develop and challenge the organization to achieve high performance. Strong motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead cultural change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to directly interface with outside contractors.
- Must be a self-starter who can accomplish results in an ambiguous environment with little or no direction.
- Experience/skill in labor management in both a union and non-union environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities to achieve desired financial, quality and customer service goals.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
Miracapo Pizza Company is the premier place to work and one of the world's leading frozen items manufacturers. We have played an invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.