To ensure compliance with all company, customer, and regulatory quality requirements by monitoring, coordinating, and documenting QA activities in the production and warehousing of company raw materials and products.
KEY RESPONSIBLITY AREAS:
- Audit line documentation, processes, and paperwork through sign off, as necessary.
- Accountable for Hold and Release program, including tag removal, review of applicable documentation, approval sign off, and systemic release, as necessary.
- Determine the necessity to shut down and/or correct the production line(s) based on identified problems impacting food safety and quality, government regulations and requirements (USDA, FDA, GMPs, & SOPs), as well as customer specifications.
- Perform and/or complete direct observation of process verifications or other, as specified per SOPs and as applicable.
- Review and assess the acceptability of company raw materials and products upon arrival to premise and as applicable.
- Prepare all necessary reports, records, and/or other documentation, as required.
- Makes sound decisions based on basic food safety and quality principles with supervisor guidance, as needed.
- Works to complete and meet all responsibilities, tasks, and goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Able to self-prioritize tasks based on all responsibilities, tasks, and goals.
- Able to accept feedback and modify behavior accordingly.
- Is self-motivated and continuously looking to improve performance and/or aspects of the position.
- Responsible for all work completed and assigned; and focused on improving work quality
- Clearly communicates with others, actively listens, and provides feedback in an appropriate manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with others to foster teamwork, with those in and outside of the department.
- High School diploma. 2 years of college level course work preferred in science. A minimum of 5 years in a quality function in food manufacturing is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of GMPS’s, SOP’s, USDA and FDA regulations.
- Strong writing, math, oral communication, and basic computer skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be able to work in cold temperatures
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to constantly stand/walk throughout the shift.
- Must meet all physical demands of the job.