Lordco Auto Parts is looking to hire a full-time Warehouse Worker to join our Distribution Center Team in Burnaby, BC.
Lordco Auto Parts is Canada’s largest privately held automotive parts distributor and Western Canada’s largest distributor and retailer of aftermarket parts and accessories. With 85 retail locations, two machine shops, seven distribution centres, and more than 2,200 employees, Lordco delivers an exceptional customer experience.
As a family-owned-and-operated business, we want you to feel like your parts of our family! We offer full-time employees a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package, including Health and Dental Insurance, RRSP matching, a wellness program, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and a generous employee discount on aftermarket auto parts and accessories and other merchandise.
Lordco offers many opportunities to advance your career in many different areas and learn from a company with over 45 years of experience within the automotive industry. We are a dynamic and growing company that will soon be opening a new Head Office and Warehouse in Port Coquitlam, BC, in 2022. We invite you to grow with us.
What You Will Do:
- Pick and pack orders, as well as receive and put away inventory.
- Diligently check stock for wear/damage and report faults and discrepancies.
- Follow procedure for preparing and packing special orders for our stores and customers.
- Scan bar codes on products from totes to pallets and packages using a hand scanner.
- Operate electric and manual pallet jacks, forklifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Practice caution when working around moving machines, such as order pickers, forklifts, electric and manual pallet jacks, and mobile carts.
- Use online stock control system to perform specific tasks.
- Perform general warehouse duties, including keeping areas clean and tidy.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including guidelines for social distancing.
What You Bring:
- You are a high school graduate or equivalent.
- You have previous work experience as a general laborer, preferably in a warehouse setting.
- You can proficiently operate a forklift. MHE forklift certification is an asset.
- You can stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend and reach during shifts.
- You are a detail oriented and a multitasker.
- You have strong people skills and strong moral character.
- You have a positive work history and have excellent attendance.
- You are safety cautious. WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification is an asset.
- You are open to flexible work schedules, including but not limited to, overtime and weekend shifts.
What to Expect:
- At Lordco Auto Parts, safety is our top priority. Lordco Auto Parts practices workplace safety procedures and adheres to the Lordco Occupational Health and Safety program.
- You will need to wear a safety vest and CSA-approved safety shoes on the premises.
- You will be on the move for your shift. You may be standing in one place for a long periods, walking, or climbing stairs.
- You will be working around and using moving machines, such as stand-up forklifts, order pickers, electric and manual pallet jacks, as well as mobile carts.
- The distribution center can get noisy. Hearing protection is available.
- Flexible work schedules. Overtime and weekend shifts are available.
- Our dress code is relaxed, with just a few rules to maintain a safe working environment.
- You are physically strong, agile, and unafraid of heights.
- You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Apply Now If:
- You value quality. You push yourself to set and achieve goals and motivate those around you to do the same.
- You care about the customer and provide exceptional service.
- You have drive and want to learn and grow in the automotive industry.
- You make strong social connections and want to be a part of an organization that treats its people like family.