IB Psychology Teacher - 2023.24 SY
The IB Psychology Teacher appreciates the joy of teaching, has fun in the classroom, and embraces the challenge of teaching highly motivated students from all over the world. A strong knowledge of content, with the utilization of hands-on work, which further encourages student discovery, is highly desirable. In addition, this teacher can collaborate with the other members of the department to utilize innovative assessments and differentiate instruction to create an exciting learning environment
The IB Psychology Teacher is expected to:
- Exercise good classroom management with the use of fair and consistent standards and appropriate sanctions that are clearly articulated to the students.
- Encourage students to ask questions and to express their difficulties.
- Know and use a wide range of assessment strategies consistent with course content and objectives.
- Provide reports on student progress and maintain open communication with ensuring that these reports are accurate and constructive.
- Differentiate instruction and assessment to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Identify students who need additional academic assistance and be able to refer such students appropriately.
- Provide opportunities for student expression using spoken, written, and electronic forms of communication.
- Provide a safe learning environment in which students can take intellectual risks.
- Use learning resources and technology to enhance lessons where appropriate.
- Create a stimulating and challenging learning environment with effective use being made of classroom displays.
- Develop student cooperation and tolerance through group work.
- Create an environment that fosters a global mindset.
- Create an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Assist students in taking responsibility for their own actions.
- Encourage students to set realistic goals and to use their time in a constructive and balanced manner.
- Encourage students to participate in the co-curricula life of the school and serve as an advisor.
- Assign homework that is meaningful and appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Attend functions in support of school and community.
- Maintain student portfolios and facilitate student-led conferences following division requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of curriculum and instruction within the appropriate content area and/or grade level.
- Ability to function as a student achievement advocate and advisor.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- Effective organizational skills including but not limited to lesson planning, implementing units of study, differentiating instruction, designing and implementing assessments.
- Ability to monitor student progress and report information in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage, delegate and monitor tasks.
- Ability to mentor and coach students.
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills and the ability to work well with and through others.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. To learn more about our school, please visit the website: www.lemanmanhattan.org.