Athletic Trainer (Temporary Leave 12/22/2023 - 05/13/2024)
- Conduct assessments and evaluations of student-athletes' injuries or conditions.
- Update parents on observed injuries and make referral as needed
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans for student-athletes, including therapeutic exercises and modalities.
- Provide one-on-one care to student-athletes to monitor progress and adjust treatment plans accordingly.
- Collaborate with coaches, school nurses (day and boarding), and other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive care.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student-athlete injuries and treatment plans.
- Educate student-athletes on injury prevention and proper conditioning techniques.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to scheduling and reporting.
- Adhere to all relevant ethical, legal, and professional guidelines.
- Oversee games when we are the host school and provide medical care to home and visiting teams as needed
- Update visiting school’s athletic trainer(s) on injuries sustained during covered events
- Maintain sports medicine supplies including medical kits, AEDs, water coolers/bottles, and ice chest
- Certified through the NATABOC.
- Current New York State Athletic Trainer license.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Athletic Training
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a school environment and collaborate with educators and staff.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking, and record-keeping abilities.
- Passion for working with middle school and high school student-athletes.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in sports medicine and rehabilitation.