HR Coordinator, Vernon, BC
Hybrid work mode
The HR Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of administrative HR functions in support of the HR generalist team. The role plays an integral part of support to the business through the daily administration of core HR paperwork, programs, and policies to best support the team member lifecycle and objectives of the business.
This is a hybrid position which requires a minimum of 3 day per week in office, in Vernon, BC.
- Prepares HR paperwork as it relates to the team member lifecycle (new hire, employment contracts, employment change, supportive work environment, termination) in support of HR Advisors/Business Partners.
- Supports the HR Manager with administrative requests and activities for the Core HR team (i.e. – invoicing, etc.)
- Responds to straightforward requests for the Core HR team (i.e. – Service Canada, Current Team Member, Manager, etc.)
- Supports HR Advisors/Business Partners with various reporting and tracking activities; pulls pre-established queries from PeopleSoft and reviews/cleans data as relevant for the request
- Supports HR Advisors/Business Partners with legal claims; pulls and prepares documentation as required.
- Supports with various tracking and follow-up activities (i.e. – exit interviews, new hire emails, 60 day manager check-ins, etc.)
- Support with ad hoc projects for the Core HR team as well as cross functional projects within One HR; interacts with stakeholders within the business as required by the project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.