Tech Lead, IPSY.com (Argentina)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in Buenos Aires, New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented engineer to join us as Tech Lead of a fast-paced team of IPSY.com focused engineers. You will be responsible for the success of the team including designing and implementing key features and projects, mentoring and guiding the members of your team, working with stakeholders across the company, and influencing the technical direction of IPSY.com and the IPSY mobile app. Are you a hands-on engineer capable of thriving in a fluid, high-performance, ambitious environment? Do you have a passion for learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Keen understanding of business and passion for driving business success
- At least 8 years of previous experience in web application development
- At least 4 years of previous experience tech leading engineering teams
- Commitment to the mentorship of junior developers
- A real passion for crafting efficient, scalable UI interfaces
- Secondary expertise in at least one other programming language, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design techniques
- Ability to write clean, scalable, and reusable code
- Strong skills in web app performance optimization and cross-browser compatibility management
- Understanding and appreciation of object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to work with backend engineers to design, build, and test reusable REST APIs
- Working knowledge of version control systems (preferably Git)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience working in subscription and/or E-commerce companies
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React
- Experience with GQL or some other API orchestration layer
- Experience with Spring Boot, Grails, Rails, or other application frameworks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program
- Work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.