Site Reliability Engineer
IPSY is a creative and fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for a hardworking Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. If you are hands-on and thrive in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment and have a passion for learning and innovation, we want to hear from you.
- Work directly with Software Engineers to develop maintainable and reliable services.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Engineers to improve infrastructure tools and applications (CI/CD, logging, alerting, etc).
- Handle and document processes/solutions for operational tasks (building, provisioning, upgrades, outages, etc).
- Cultivate a culture of excellence by espousing the "SRE mindset", e.g., error budgets, SLOs, capacity forecasting, incident management, etc.
- Experience with application/service observability in a production setting.
- Experience with time-series and monitoring systems such as Datadog or InfluxDB/Grafana.
- Experience managing build pipelines on CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with log aggregation and analytics systems such as SumoLogic or Splunk.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Experience using AWS services such as EC2, ELB, and RDS.
- Administration experience with application frameworks such as Rails or Spring.
- System administration experience of Redhat/CentOS-based systems.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with PCI compliance.
- Experience with eCommerce infrastructure.
- Experience with database administration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.