Site Reliability Engineer
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! Are you someone hands-on and thrive in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment and have a passion for learning and innovation? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work directly with Software Engineers to develop maintainable and reliable services
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Engineers to improve infrastructure tools and applications (CI/CD, logging, alerting, etc.)
- Handle and document processes/solutions for operational tasks (building, provisioning, upgrades, outages, etc.)
- Cultivate a culture of excellence by espousing the "SRE mindset", e.g., error budgets, SLOs, capacity forecasting, incident management, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with application/service observability in a production setting
- Experience with time-series and monitoring systems such as Datadog or InfluxDB/Grafana
- Experience managing build pipelines on CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with log aggregation and analytics systems such as SumoLogic or Splunk
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience using AWS services such as EC2, ELB, and RDS
Bonus if You Have:
- Administration experience with application frameworks such as Rails or Spring
- System administration experience of Redhat/CentOS-based systems
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
- Experience with PCI compliance
- Experience with e-commerce infrastructure
- Experience with database administration
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.