Engineering Manager (ipsy.com)
IPSY is an innovative, fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead engineers and drive excellence across our ipsy.com and Engineering teams.
Do you have experience hiring amazing engineers and enjoy mentoring and developing them? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Oversee our ipsy.com team in developing customer-oriented product features.
- Partner with business partners to ideate, plan, and deliver novel member experiences and high scalability.
- Cultivate a culture of excellence by recruiting and hiring great engineers and team leads.
- Organize, mentor, and develop the engineers and leads on your teams.
- Build and maintain best-in-class engineering processes.
- Influence technical vision across the entire IPSY Engineering organization.
- 8 years of experience developing web applications and complex front-end experiences.
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience.
- Experience with hiring engineers and helping them grow.
- Expertise in single-page applications and logic-rich front-end architectures.
- Passion for driving constant excellence from every engineer.
- Expertise with system architecture, application architecture, and technology evaluation.
- Experience in cloud-based computing and development environments.
- Expertise in API design.
- Expertise building great applications that enable and level-up the business.
- Experience with modern JS front-end frameworks.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java/Spring Boot, and/or GraphQL.
- Experience with subscription and/or eCommerce platforms at scale.
- Expertise analytics, machine learning systems, and personalization.
- Experience with AWS.
- Expertise with big data, analytics, and personalization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.