Engineering Manager (IPSY.com)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead engineers and drive excellence across our IPSY.com and Engineering teams!
Do you have experience hiring amazing engineers and enjoy mentoring and developing them? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee our IPSY.com team in developing customer-oriented product features
- Partner with business partners to ideate, plan, and deliver novel member experiences and high scalability
- Cultivate a culture of excellence by recruiting and hiring great engineers and team leads
- Organize, mentor, and develop the engineers and leads on your teams
- Build and maintain outstanding engineering processes
- Influence technical vision across the entire IPSY Engineering organization
What We’re Looking For:
- 8 years of experience developing web applications and complex front-end experiences
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience
- Experience with hiring engineers and helping them grow
- Expertise in single-page applications and logic-rich front-end architectures
- Passion for driving constant excellence from every engineer
- Expertise with system architecture, application architecture, and technology evaluation
- Experience in cloud-based computing and development environments
- Expertise in API design
- Expertise building outstanding applications that enable and level-up the business
- Experience with modern JS front-end frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java/Spring Boot, and/or GraphQL
- Experience with subscription and/or e-commerce platforms at scale
- Expertise analytics, machine learning systems, and personalization
- Experience with AWS
- Expertise with big data, analytics, and personalization
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.