Patient Accounts Representative-Revenue Cycle Management (Full-Time)
Looking for a career where you love what you do and who you do it with? You’re in the right place.
Healthcare here is different – we’re locally owned and led by our physicians, and all decisions are always made right here in Central Iowa.
By working at The Iowa Clinic, you’ll get to make a difference while seeing a difference in our workplace. Because as one clinic dedicated to exceptional care, we’re committed to exceeding expectations, showing compassion, and collaborating to provide the kind of care most of us got into this business to deliver in the first place.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our TIC team? Keep reading...
A day in the life…
Wondering what a day in the life of a Medical Billing Representative at The Iowa Clinic might look like?
- Processes credit card payments received from patients that have called in to the customer service line or received via the mail.
- Answer and document patient phone calls and inquiries from a multi-line phone system, live chat, and email.
- Make outbound calls to collect payments on past due accounts.
- Provide outstanding customer service to patients and resolve their concerns, which could include refiling of insurance claims, transferring payments to other charges/databases, and sending itemized statements.
- Arrange financial agreements to assist with patient balances.
This job might be for you if you have…
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ previous experience working in a medical office environment with healthcare billing, insurance, or patient collections required.
- Awareness of medical terminology required.
- A desire to find a meaningful, fulfilling career
- Exceptional customer service skills. Demonstrating patience and understanding.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and focused amid constant interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and write legibly and understand/follow written and verbal directions.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Must be able to operate computer and have necessary keyboarding skills to function in assigned Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must possess organizational and self-motivational skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Managing patient phone calls and billing inquiries from a multi-line phone system.
Bonus points if…
- You love exceeding people’s expectations
- You enjoy having fun where you work
- Finding meaningful connections is what you live for
Know someone else who might be a great fit for this role? Share it with them!
What’s in it for you
- One of the best 401(k) programs in central Iowa, including employer match and profit sharing
- Employee incentives to share in the Clinic’s success
- Generous PTO accruals and paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Quarterly volunteer opportunities through a variety of local nonprofits
- Opportunities to have fun with your colleagues, including TIC night at the Iowa Cubs, employee appreciation tailgate party, Adventureland day, State Fair tickets, annual holiday party, drive-in movie night… we could go on and on
- Monthly departmental celebrations, casual dress code and clinic-wide competitions
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Health and wellness program with up to $350/year in incentives
- Employee feedback surveys
- All employee meetings, team huddles and transparent communication