Software Engineer II
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Engineering team in Bengaluru, reporting to the manager of Software Engineering. In this role, you will work with NIOS, Control plane, Data plane applications design, development, and support with highly collaborative teams to build cutting-edge technology all while learning about our security products and developing your career path through continued education and certifications.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a strategic thinker who is driven to collaborate across teams, operates independently, and is deadline-oriented, results-driven, and passionate about this exciting journey.
What you’ll do:
- Develop software for DDI, security products, and NFV implementations
- Execute fast-path packet processing development at the embedded level
- Carry out firmware and driver development for the DNS and security platforms
- Develop hardware abstraction layers and APIs
- Execute kernel- and platform-related implementation
- Ensure performance optimizations and bug fixes
- Design, document, implement, and unit-test firmware and drivers
- Collaborate with the QA and manufacturing team to help ensure a high-quality product
- Assist the sustenance engineering team with any customer escalations
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Strong C/C++ programming skills in Linux or UNIX multi-core environment
- Strong networking background and hands-on experience in networking software development
- Deep, hands-on network packet processing knowledge and experience with Ethernet, IP, UDP, and TCP protocols
- Experience with designing, documenting, and implementing software features in embedded networking products
- Ability to work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines
- A four-year degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Understand the end-to-end application flow
- Collaborate with the Service, Operations, and Business teams to provide production support
- Deliver business requirements; and bring stability to the application
After about a year, you will…
- Focus on identifying and addressing the root causes of the defects, proactively addressing some of the issues in the application with automation or re-use, and focus on development activities.
- Enroll for training and certifications to develop your career
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including industry best insurance benefits and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- A courtyard and amenities like an onsite gym, table tennis, pool table, play area, etc.
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.