Licensed Specialist in School Psychology - El Paso General Pool (23-24)
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
We are looking for a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) for the 23-24 school year to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site position starting in July 2023.
The LSSP is a key member of the Special Programs team and partners with regional instructional leaders, campus leaders, and teachers to maximize student outcomes. As the LSSP, you will be responsible for demonstrating knowledge and skill in assessment, determining Special Education eligibility, providing academic and behavioral interventions, following state and federal legal frameworks for Special Education, and ensuring compliance with all facets of Special Education. You will help a portfolio of 1-2 campuses, supporting students and parents through problem solving interventions with students who may be struggling both academically and behaviorally. In addition, you will provide students with direct behavioral supports and track student progress towards IEP goals.
The LSSP reports directly to the regional Lead LSSP and works in close partnership with campus leaders at the assigned campuses. This role involves some minor travel between campuses.
Compensation & Benefits
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $62,800 and $76,000, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
- Knowledge of procedures for assessing achievement and intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functions for education purposes, including cross-battery evaluation practices
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
- Knowledge of psycho-social development
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple requests, deadlines, and priorities
- Master’s degree in psychology from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas license as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology granted by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- LSSP interns accepted with proof of eligibility
- 100% of IEP/Re-evaluations & REEDS/Initial evaluations are completed within timelines
- 12 errors or less on the Error Tracker in the academic school year
- 100% completion and clearance of each quarterly audit, including 100% documentation of all counseling service minutes
- 85% retention of Special Programs Assessment Team (LSSP, SLP, OT), Special Programs, RISE teachers/co-teachers of assigned campuses
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment: https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.