Executive Director - IDEA Cincinnati (24-25)
**We are currently accepting resumes for this role. The selection process will begin in Spring 2024 for the 24-25 school year.
Role Mission: The Executive Director for IDEA Public Schools Cincinnati is responsible for all measures of student outcomes, staff performance, operational stability, financial stewardship, state and federal compliance, and board development. The Executive Director sets the vision for excellence with regard to academics, organizational culture, and long-term success across the state by implementing the IDEA Public Schools model with fidelity. S/he reports to the Area Superintendent and partners closely with senior leaders and national teams across the organization to contribute to the overall success of ALL our students on their path of getting to and through college. They also ensure effective external stakeholder engagement to build and maintain strong support with our state and local constituents.
Strategic Leadership and Management of Academics, Operations, Finances, and Organizational Culture
- Supervise the principals to establish and maintain a culture of high expectations and excellence in all matters at the campus and regional levels, ensuring effective learning environments in all classrooms, outstanding academic achievement for all students, and year-over-year persistence of students
- Supervise the Regional Director of Operations to ensure enrollment targets are met, daily attendance goals are achieved, and operational efficiency is maximized across the regions
- Supervise the Regional Director of Staffing to ensure the organization attracts, selects, supports, and retains a high-performing staff that is committed to IDEA’s mission, core values, and fulfilling their duties with excellence and integrity
- Ensure regional priorities are balanced with financial sustainability by leading a strong long-term and annual financial planning process, and consistently reviewing actuals to ensure public and private funds are best utilized
- Oversee the organization’s fulfillment of all fiduciary responsibilities to ensure compliance with all regulations and requirements
- Establish and encourage a strong organizational culture and inclusive work environment through consistent demonstration of integrity, high visibility, effective communication, and positive interpersonal relationships with all staff members
Strategic Leadership and Engagement with all External Stakeholders
- Effectively engage with the Board of Directors to ensure positive two-way communication, proper governance and oversight, and fulfillment of all fiduciary responsibilities and regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain support for IDEA Public Schools with parents, families, and community stakeholders at both the local and statewide levels
- Build and maintain strong relationships with state authorizers through consistent and collaborative communication, responsiveness, and demonstration of high achievement
- Work with the philanthropic community to ensure a strong base of support and long-term financial sustainability
- Serve as the voice and vision of IDEA’s brand for purposes of ensuring a positive presence and high visibility in our markets
- Ensure the long-term growth of IDEA Public Schools is met through proper land acquisition, oversight of construction, and on-time launch of future schools.
Required education and experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Years of experience: 10 years in PK-12 education with significant experience in leadership, management, and supervisory responsibilities; former experience as a campus principal preferred
Goals: The Executive Director will be responsible for meeting the following ambitious goals:
- All schools achieve 5-star rating
- IDEA Cincinnati meets the annual operating income and days cash on hand goals
- Region meets all authorizer and state submissions for renewal, growth, and compliance
- 85% staff retention
- 90% student persistence
- Current educational landscape in Cincinnati including compliance and regulatory requirements for charter management operators
- Organizational strategic planning and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Essential components of organizational health that foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across stakeholders, both internal and external
- Organization, prioritization, follow through, and attention to detail to ensure effective use of time and earn a reputation for delivering on promises
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing, including ability to engage an audience and inspire confidence
- Lead other leaders by establishing a vision of excellence with high expectations and performance management systems to ensure effective execution and implementation that leads to achieving ambitious goals and delivering results
- Effectively manage talent including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, along with the coaching, development and holding staff accountable to ensure high performance and strong retention
- Strategically solve problems with sound judgement and effective decision-making
- Self-reflect, along with providing, receiving, and implementing feedback that improves performance and achieves results
Job location: This is a full-time on-site position based in Cincinnati
Travel expectations are up to 10% time outside of region at designated times
Compensation & Benefits: Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $147,927 and $189,347 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for additional performance pay based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
Learn more about IDEA
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.