Client Service Specialist - China Practice
The Client Service Specialist (CSS) will consistently and effectively develop, enhance and solidify relationships with the service team by providing exceptional service in accordance with Hylant standards. The CSS will provide a high level of quality support to the Client Executive (CE), Account Manager (CSM) and other service team members in the handling of the China team accounts. They will continue to grow and develop insurance knowledge as well as professionalism to the highest level possible. Maintaining a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail are a must for success in this role.
- Master and execute on the daily servicing/processing for clients within the Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Leverage Hylant technology, tools and resources; ensure all internal systems are managed and current
- Understand, adopt and deploy proper naming conventions within EPIC
- Utilize and update EPIC activities to ensure they are current and trackable
- Maintain accurate and thorough client data in EPIC
- Provide prompt, accurate, & thoughtful service to internal team and insurance carriers. Consistently respond to internal and external inquiries within 24 hours of when they are received
- Manage all administrative work for a book of business in conjunction with Account Managers (revenue guidelines – up to $1,000,000). As knowledge of insurance, Hylant service standards, insurance carrier appetites, and relationship with underwriters develop you may transition to a CSM position (client-facing) in 2-5 years
- Responsible for the facilitation of the Client Engagement Strategy within 6-12 months (including scheduling, creating of documents, documentation in EPIC, etc.)
- Effectively and accurately assist CSMs and Team to help support CEs and their books of business
- Organize and market new business and renewal submissions, working with CEs and/or team
- Proven skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Obtain Property & Casualty Insurance License within 6 Months (if you do not already hold a license)
- Be the day-to-day primary point of contact for CSMs
- Understand, adopt and deploy naming conventions within EPIC
- Continuously strive to innovate and gain efficiency in workflows, systems and internal processes
1. Provide prompt, accurate and thoughtful service, including but not limited to:
- Bind coverages and order policies
- Prepare and submit policy change requests to carriers and/or the assigned Client Service Team member, documenting the activity in EPIC
- Process Endorsements
- Review internal key items checklist and policy review notes to foster policy accuracy
- Assist with billing questions and invoice when agency billed
- Issue certificates or evidence of insurance including interpretations of contract insurance requirements
- Complete Surplus Lines invoicing and filing, including compliance with state requirements and completion of applicable forms
- Manage non-payment follow up and cancellations
3. Understand, adopt and deploy naming conventions within EPIC
4. Utilize and update EPIC Activities to ensure they are current and trackable
5. Maintain accurate and thorough client data in EPIC
6. Monthly (or as needed) expiration list review with CSMs
7. Facilitate marketing efforts for new business opportunities and current book of business including reviewing, analyzing and summarizing quotes; comparisons; coverage forms and proposal preparation
8. Work closely with CSMs on renewals and remarketing tasks including but not limited to - preparation of applications, negotiations with underwriters, obtaining quotes, creating proposals, monitoring stats, and follows up with client
9. Learn and become proficient at accessing carriers websites and executing quotes online
10. Craft accurate and thorough documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
11. Assist with preparation with various client presentations and deliverables
12. Monitor relevant monthly reports and provide to others as needed
13. Provide backup support for other team members in times of absence
14. Other duties as assigned
- Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Team/Quality Focus: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of the service team, and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Demonstrates a personal commitment to identify service teams needs and continually seek to provide a trusted advisor level of service.
- Coachable: Willing to be corrected and acting positively on that correction to alleviate the concern moving forward.
- Communication: Successfully conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Emotional Intelligence/Inclusiveness: Fosters respect for all individuals and points of view. Appropriately interacts with all members of the team, visitors, carriers and community partners without regard to individual characteristics. Demonstrates a personal commitment to create a professional, empathetic and welcoming environment.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priority.
A multi-year recipient of Best Places to Work in Insurance, Hylant is a full-service insurance brokerage with 20 offices in eight states. And since the founding of our family-owned business over 85 years ago, we made a promise to strengthen and protect the businesses, employees and communities of our client family by embracing them as our own. We’re more than an insurance brokerage firm and you're more than a client, employee or neighbor. You're family, and that's just the way we treat you.
Hylant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Hylant participates in E-Verify.