Transactional Risk Manager
The Transactional Risk Manager is responsible for execution of representations and warranties, tax liability and contingent liability insurance for Hylant client merger & acquisition deals. This role contributes to the achievement of the Mergers & Acquisition Transactional Services (M&ATS) annual revenue goal and engagement targets.
In This Role You Will Execute On:
- Providing consultation and guidance to clients on placement of representations and warranties coverage for applicable business transactions.
- Executing on all work streams related to Transactional Risk client deliverables including, but not limited to, attending client meetings, understanding client needs, preparing submissions to insurance marketplace, analyze results, crafting recommendations/decision matrices, policy issuance and binding, and managing invoice needs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with insurance carriers, centers of influence and vendors important to our success and marketplace differentials that align with our mission, core values, and support of our processes.
- Coordinating the M&ATS and Hylant client service team members to assist in the delivery transactional risk work product.
- Managing and utilizing Hylant’s internal workspace (Microsoft Teams) to organize the Transactional Risk product line.
- Assisting in the development and refresh of marketing documents, client presentations, engagement letters, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), operating documents, and models.
- Identify strategic opportunities for improvement, make recommendations to leadership, and implement solutions when appropriate.
- As a resource to our offices, assist Senior Vice President Transactional Risk in enhancing M&ATS value proposition within each Hylant office via training, marketing, and other activities with CE’s and staff.
- Assist Managing Directors(s) growth in their pursuit of new deals.
In This Role You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university plus seven (7) or more years of related experience in the insurance industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct experience in transactional risk highly desired.
- Strong communication skills including active listening and ability to effectively apply knowledge, experience and understanding of client needs to serve as trusted consultant and yield deliverables as expected.
- Displayed professional track record of working with decision-makers at client companies and deals $20M+.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse team members and clients across various levels of an organization such as C Suite leaders, attorneys, etc.
- Strong project management methodology, including effective use of resources (e.g. MS Teams) to ensure team is able to effectively contribute to a project’s deliverables.
- Travel up 25% for both internal and client meetings.
- Must possess and maintain an active Property & Casualty license.
A multi-year recipient of Best Places to Work in Insurance, Hylant is a full-service insurance brokerage with 20 offices in eight states. And since the founding of our family-owned business over 85 years ago, we made a promise to strengthen and protect the businesses, employees and communities of our client family by embracing them as our own. We’re more than an insurance brokerage firm and you’re more than a client, employee or neighbor. You’re family. And that’s just the way we treat you.
Hylant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, Veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Hylant participates in E-Verify.