Senior Public Health Consultant (Contingent)
HWC is looking for consultants with expertise in a wide variety of scientific, medical, technical and project management specialties for an exciting new contract supporting the Department of Health and Human Service’s office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response – a public health preparedness and emergency response organization leading the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
- Conducting in-depth analysis of existing public health policies, procedures, rules, and regulations related to Federal procurement and other health regulatory frameworks and providing high-level reports on findings with actionable recommendations
- Supporting development of new public health policies in support of the ASPR mission
- Helping develop government Broad Agency Announcements and providing technical review of resulting white papers and proposals
- Working as part of a high-performing, multi-company team at multiple locations (government client sites, company offices and work-from-home)
- Quickly building and maintaining effective working relationships with government points of contact and other HWC teammates.
- Traveling on official business as required
Most Relevant Skills:
- Program/project management
- Stakeholder outreach and engagement
- Consulting and problem-solving
- Graduate degree in public health, life sciences or related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience
- Working knowledge of national, regional, state and local public health processes and policies and related organizations
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Familiarity with innovative government programs
- Ability to research, learn and use various business systems and tools
HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
We also believe in creating a vibrant culture where our employees can collaborate, explore new ideas and grow professionally. Specialized communities of practice, a flexible career growth model, social gatherings, philanthropic initiatives, virtual brown bags, and numerous grassroots initiatives complement a comprehensive benefits program designed with our employees’ needs in mind. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.