Executive Assistant (Contingent)
HWC is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with experience working in a fast-paced government setting. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
- Providing direct support to Government personnel in both administrative and support services.
- Coordinating activities with direct reports and other staff.
- Reviewing documents for federal public health executives.
- Managing schedules, answering phones, making appointments, and overseeing action items for federal staff.
- Supporting projects or tasks using project management methods
- Quickly building and maintaining effective working relationships with government points of contact and other HWC teammates.
Most Relevant Skills:
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to anticipate and deliver on federal customer needs
- Consulting and problem-solving skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of experience working in an administrative role in government or the private sector (or 2 – 4 years prior experience as an Executive Assistant)
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Experience working in a public health or life sciences environment
- Task or project management experience
- Experience working in a federal government office.
HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
We focus on hiring world-changers and creating a vibrant culture where employees can collaborate creatively, explore new ideas, and grow professionally. Specialized practice areas, philanthropic and social initiatives, and a learning-oriented culture complement a comprehensive benefits program. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.