Senior Management Consultant- Contingent
HWC is looking for consultants with expertise in a wide variety of scientific, medical, technical and project management specialties for an exciting new contract supporting the Department of Health and Human Service’s office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response – a public health preparedness and emergency response organization leading the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is based on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
- Organizing and supporting related to project, program, and portfolio management activities to ensure programs and resources are aligned with broader policy and planning considerations, strategic priorities and 21st century health threats
- Supporting government staff analyzing and developing or improving operational and response processes (such as supply chain risk management and emergency management operations)
- Helping develop government Broad Agency Announcements and providing technical review of resulting white papers and proposals
- Working as part of a high-performing, multi-company team at multiple locations (government client sites, company offices and work-from-home)
- Quickly building and maintaining effective working relationships with government points of contact and other HWC teammates
- Traveling on official business as required
Most Relevant Skills:
- Risk management
- Program/project management
- Consulting and problem-solving
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 8 + years experience with other government agencies and/or private sector
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Ability to research, learn and use various business systems and tools
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical development business best practices
- Familiarity with innovative government programs
HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
We also believe in creating a vibrant culture where our employees can collaborate, explore new ideas and grow professionally. Specialized communities of practice, a flexible career growth model, social gatherings, philanthropic initiatives, virtual brown bags, and numerous grassroots initiatives complement a comprehensive benefits program designed with our employees’ needs in mind. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.