Manager, Engineering - Hollywood
At Hudson Pacific Properties, we provide best-in-class office space to the biggest names in tech and media (Netflix, Google, Amazon) and we're seeking an Manager, Engineering to support our Studio property. The successful candidate will provide leadership, management, and support of the day-to-day technical facility operations as well as supporting the long-term strategic direction. Responsibilities will include managing all facility and engineering processes, policies, and procedures (e.g., tenant requests, preventative maintenance, repairs and maintenance, replacements, upgrades, sustainability, and energy management initiatives), vendor management for third parties (HVAC, electrical, elevator, plumbing, etc.). This role will also provide oversight of engineering projects, management of technical issues with building tenants, budgeting for capital and operating expenses, and managing and maintaining internal and external relationships.
What You'll Do
Support corporate, regional, property management, leasing, and construction with technical research and formal recommendations on operational issues:
- Management of third-party engineering personnel and contracts.
- Building systems maintenance programs and standards.
- Angus Preventative Maintenance and Engineering-related Tenant Requests.
- Energy reduction, efficiency analysis, and recommendations.
- Fire/Life Safety Code compliance and maintenance standards.
- Emergency preparedness and disaster response programs.
- Building HVAC and electrical vendor monitoring and recommendations.
- MEP CapEx project scoping, contract administration, and project management.
- Tenant Improvements contractor compliance and oversight of building standards.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and utilization of facility engineering technology and solutions to increase ecological sustainability and operational efficiency.
- Preventative Maintenance completion.
- Tenant Request response.
- Ensure completion and adequacy of required reports.
- Perform Property inspections and audits.
- Implement and monitor Building Rules and Standards compliance.
- Coordinate with all applicable permit authorities.
- Supervise handling hazardous materials.
- Fire code compliance, testing, and monitoring.
- Building construction code compliance.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance.
- Refrigerant management.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- EPA and local air quality authorities.
- Preparation of capital and operating budgets.
- Permit applications.
- Contract and proposal review and analysis.
- Leasing negotiation issues.
- Special projects.
- After-hours HVAC calculations.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred. LEED certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience managing complex technical building systems in television, movie studios and/or Class A commercial high-rise office buildings.
- Strong technical and working knowledge of building structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated working knowledge of computers and software including MS Office Suite. Proficient using MS Project for management and MS Excel for budgets and spreadsheets.
- Polished professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills to write memos, letters, reports, and interact effectively with contractors, tenants, peers, vendors, and management.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and perform in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Hudson Pacific Properties (NYSE: HPP) is a real estate investment trust serving dynamic tech and media tenants in global epicenters for these synergistic, converging and secular growth industries. Hudson Pacific’s unique and high-barrier tech and media focus leverages a full-service, end-to-end value creation platform forged through deep strategic relationships and niche expertise across identifying, acquiring, transforming and developing properties into world-class amenitized, collaborative and sustainable office and studio space.