Job ID 120
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Under the guidance and leadership of Assistance Director of Finance (ADoF), the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the day to day operations to the Finance department team. S/he will develop procedures that promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals through maintaining an efficient document retrieval system. S/he will also be responsible to process cash/bank transactions and ensure data entry in Agresso along with proper supporting documents.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Attention to details, hardworking, methodological, efficient and enthusiastic.
Accounting, and Vouching of financial transactions (50%)
- Verify bills in coordination with finance team for required supporting documents.
- Ensure arithmetic accuracy of bills and approval on vouchers.
- Update vendor database as required.
- Ensure that all taxes, provident funds, and related deductions are processed as appropriate.
- Maintain Heifer Tanzania’s intercompany transactions on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate logistics with the Administration department for bank-related transactions.
- Ensure all transactions are timely recorded with adequate supporting documents and are in compliance with in-country/HQ policies.
- Ensure that an effective filing system is in place in the office and transactions are serially filed.
- Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Maintain a staff retirement register and ensure each staff’s accountability/retirement is recorded in the system.
- Ensure all transactions are scanned and uploaded in Agresso as per Global Finance Operations guidelines.
- Provide support to the monthly financial reporting preparation and distribution.
- Any other work-related duties as may be directed by superiors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields is required, plus 1-year experience in other job- related fields.
- Good understanding of Accounting Principles
- Strong vouching, accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Computer proficient in accounting software, ERP, word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and internet (Microsoft preferred)
- Sound in English and Swahili, both spoken and written
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability and willingness to work on a flexible schedule
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in Swahili and English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation