Deputy Chief of Party: Haiti Livestock Activity
Job ID 434
Heifer Project International is seeking qualified applicants for a Deputy Chief of Party* for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock Project in Haiti. The goal of the Livestock project is to diversify incomes and increase community resilience by improving the livestock sector (cattle, poultry, goats, sheep, eggs, and dairy) in targeted regions in Haiti.
The Deputy Chief of Party will closely collaborate with Chief of Party to ensure successful management and representation of the project. H/She will be responsible for operational and administrative oversight of the project and will ensure contractual and legal compliance during implementation of activities.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the COP in providing technical leadership and direction and defining and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives.
- Provide support to programmatic teams, including identifying and promoting clear communications on budget management and programmatic activities, compliance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and communication.
- In coordination with the COP, oversee budgets to ensure all expenditures follow Heifer and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the program budget.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, reports, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support efforts to collaborate, learn and adapt with internal and external collaborators, adapting program as needed to optimize results per learning and contextual changes.
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
- Ensure quality activity implementation and employ use of project M&E tools and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, learning, and adaptation and empowers staff to take responsibility.
- Assist COP in maintaining active, cooperative, and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions.
- Serve as Acting COP in absence of COP and represent Heifer with partners and key stakeholders.
The position, at a minimum, requires:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in international development work managing all integrated aspects of complex programs of similar scale, with a particular emphasis on livestock-related programming
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business, International Development or other related field is required
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team.
- Prior experience working in Haiti or Caribbean
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country government staff, local and donor counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English and French is required
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.