Consultant - USAID Funding Opportunity
Job ID 464
Heifer International Consultancy Opportunity
Heifer International is looking for three consultants to develop positioning actions for USAID funding focusing on projects in Central America, specifically one for each of the Northern Triangle countries - El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. The positioning actions shall overlap with Heifer’s past performance in the region as well as USAID’s programming in addressing the root causes of migration, including environment and climate change.
We are searching for individuals with extensive knowledge of each countries’ agricultural value chains and rural development challenges, with experience working or coordinating work with the private sector, with knowledge of Central American agricultural and socio-economic dynamics, with experience in writing proposals for USAID and/or other donors related to economic growth, rural development and/or agriculture, and with bilingual (Spanish and English) language skills. Applicants currently living in El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras are encouraged to apply. Send your resume specifying the country of interest to: [email protected]
- Extensive experience in working in El Salvador and knowledge of both Salvadoran and Central American socio-political dynamics. Currently living in El Salvador is a plus.
- Experience writing proposals for USAID and/or other donors relating to economic growth and/or agriculture, USAID Global Development Alliance experience/co-creation experience is a plus,
- Experience writing proposals in close collaboration with the private sector and finance institutions for smallholder farmers or agricultural cooperatives is a plus,
- Ability to quickly familiarize oneself with Heifer´s signature programs, unique approach, and strengths as an implementing “partner,”
- Experience in the following topics: migration, economic development, agriculture value chains. Additional experience with sustainable landscapes, environmental management, youth and women’s empowerment within economic growth is a strong plus; and
- English and Spanish proficiency are non-negotiable for opportunities in Spanish-speaking countries.
As part of the delivery of the Services and/or Goods, Contractor shall accomplish the following:
- Analysis of the Biden Administration’s and USAID’s development strategy, approach toward Central America, and funding opportunities for El Salvador
- Review Heifer´s Signature Programs which address the migration causes in Central America, and identify the key opportunities in El Salvador that align Heifers and USAID’s current programming
- Conduct a landscape analysis around key stakeholders and donors working in and around mitigating migration drivers and implementing solutions in El Salvador
- Lead the preparation of a winning proposal for the USAID Private Sector Engagement Addendum 4, that aligns findings from items 2(i), 2(ii) and 2(iii) above; and
- Contribute to the USAID “partnering” matrix including key development organizations and organizations in the private and the public sector (for example, USAID and local government(s)).
- Keep Heifer International updated with changes in guidelines, rules or regulations issued by the Salvadoran Government.