Job ID 842
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Accountable to provide substantive support for financial aspects of grant funded programs/projects. Accountable for the maintenance of a grant compliant financial management system. Accountable to implement best-practices in grant management and compliance and perform guided assessments of controls related to project financial activities, reporting and compliance. Accountable to monitor and facilitate control of project budgets, provide critical analysis of burn-rates to facilitate project management and change, and maintain clear communication with Programs and key implementing and/or funding partners. Accountable to apply and reinforce application of standards, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Financial acumen, Manages complexity, Balances stakeholders, Plans and aligns, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Drives results, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Courage, Instills trust, Situational adaptability
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES: (including approximate percentage effort)
Provide support on pre- and post-award financial and accounting management to ensure compliance with donor agreements (55%)
- Proposal budget preparation
- Monitor project burn-rates
- Monitor compliance with grant agreements.
- Support preparation of accurate and timely donor reporting, dashboards and other key donor deliverables
- Ongoing documentation and implementation of industry standard grant management and compliance procedures
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate and timely periodic reporting, dashboards and other key deliverables to senior management
- Regular and timely expenditure review
- Support processes for project budgeting and reforecasting
- Monitor donor agreement reporting dates and respond to compliance inquiries related to donor request.
Implement regulatory and organizational compliance of project financial activities within the country program offices and support consolidation of financial statements (40%)
- Implement country systems and procedures for transparent accounting, financial management and reporting.
- Perform internal reviews to eliminate or reduce fraud opportunities, performing assurance and monitoring procedures.
- Facilitate work related to independent external audits and other agreed-upon procedures as assigned, including auditor scheduling and communications, financial information requests, internal control questionnaires and follow-up.
- Follow up regularly with project partners software for ensuring timely and accurate entry of signature program data.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience in a donor-funded development environment with compliance requirements of institutional funders. Project management experience, with project management certification a plus.
- Knowledge of the NGO business sector and of institutional funders for international development.
- Ability to navigate financial and non-financial data gathering and analytics; technically adept with ability to quickly learn and maximize usage of technology and software.
- Practical knowledge of the local country’s generally accepted accounting principles and fiscal statutes.
- Experience with accounting systems.
- Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command of MS Excel.
- Good leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule
- Willingness to extensively travel to rural areas
- Able to effectively promote Heifer’s mission values, and objectives
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
Job Location: Heifer International Bangladesh Country Program Office, Dhaka
The last date of the application submission is on January 04, 2023.